Saturday, February 18, 2017

12.5 - RIP: Mary Tyler Moore

RIP: Mary Tyler Moore

Mary Tyler Moore
I have two brief RIPs.

The first is for Mary Tyler Moore, who has died at the age of 80. The immediate cause of death was heart failure, although she had suffered for years from type 1 diabetes.

Like most people, I expect I first became aware of her on the Dick Van Dyke Show, although I learned later I had seen her legs in the show Richard Diamond. If you don't get that, it's an age thing. Let it go.

What I remember most was the Mary Tyler Moore Show, which I used to think of as a guilty pleasure - it was, after all, one of a bazillion sitcoms of varying quality and I never saw anything odd about a single working woman. So it was only later that I recognized how groundbreaking the show actually way.

Anyway - thanks for the smiles. RIP, Mary Tyler Moore.

No comments:

 
// I Support The Occupy Movement : banner and script by @jeffcouturer / jeffcouturier.com (v1.2) document.write('
I support the OCCUPY movement
');function occupySwap(whichState){if(whichState==1){document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-blue.png"}else{document.getElementById('occupyimg').src="https://sites.google.com/site/occupybanners/home/isupportoccupy-right-red.png"}} document.write('');